ANATOLY IVANOV / PROSE / CATEGORIES / BIOLOGY

“THE ART OF IMPOSSIBLE” BY STEVEN KOTLER REVIEW

BIOLOGY / JOURNALISM / LITERATURE / REVIEWS / 2021-06-08

“The Art of Impossible” by Steven Kotler is a perfect example of a book by a journalist who does punchy write-ups of other books written by other punchy journalists who cite popular self-hack writers (like Tim Ferriss, whose advice is retold several times), who talk  + 

VACCINATION IS THE ONLY WAY OUT

BIOLOGY / HEALTH / POLITICS / SOCIETY / ESSAYS / 2021-03-02

7,8 billion people currently live on our planet. Only 114 million have been confirmed as infected by Covid-19. That’s less than 2%. The virus will keep eating through the remaining 98% for years. As most governments… or, more accurately, we don’t care enough about others  + 

EXPONENTIAL VS LINEAR THINKING IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19

BIOLOGY / MATHEMATICS / PSYCHOLOGY / ESSAYS / 2020-03-09

The people most alarmed about the coronavirus seem to be people accustomed to thinking exponentially — people in tech, finance, and science. People least alarmed are those used to thinking about problems linearly. The problem isn’t the virus itself. It’s the under-provisioned healthcare systems and  + 

US DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE IN BIOLOGICAL TERMS

BIOLOGY / POLITICS / RELIGION / SOCIETY / ESSAYS / 2018-04-10

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men evolved differently, that they are born with certain mutable characteristics, and that among these are life and the pursuit of pleasure.” — the American Declaration of Independence translated into biological terms  + 

TWEETS CATEGORIES ARCHIVES SEARCH ABOUT PROSE

TIP: To print images, enable “Print backgrounds” in your browser preferences.