Instagram is a great tool to get to know people. Open a profile and:
- Scroll through their posts — sample their taste (or lack thereof), attention to detail (feet cut off, random branches in the frame, etc.)
- Pay attention to the number of selfies — gauge their vanity, egotism and insecurity.
- Read through the captions — a collection of hashtags or a carefully crafted story?
- Check out their replies to comments, especially to praise and criticism — is it mostly emojis and thank-yous or witty invitations to a conversation?
- Take a look at who they follow — do they follow B2C brands, models and influencers… or B2B tool-makers / providers, artists and designers?
ABOUT ANATOLY IVANOV / PROSE
Find out more about my posting and comments policy, as well as publishing frequency and copyright issues.
TIP: To print images, enable “Print backgrounds” in your browser preferences.