Please skip down for the detailed photography Comping Use License Agreement.
- All texts and images on / from my web site are subject to and governed by French and international intellectual property law.
- All texts and images on / from my web site are NOT subject to neither Copyleft, nor Creative Commons, nor Free Art, nor GNU Free Documentation License nor Public Domain.
- What YOU CAN DO with texts and images on / from my web site:
- cite small parts of my texts, commented by you, with a clear reference to my originals
- link to my pages containing texts or images
- use my images for placement (comping) purposes while working on your designs (once your design becomes final, you will need my permission to publish my images, which I grant after you purchase the usage rights from me)
- What YOU CANNOT DO with texts and images on / from my web site:
- distribute or redistribute
- publish or republish
- sell or resell
- use in any way except mentioned in paragraph 3 above
- If you need a permission to do what you normally cannot do, please contact me. I am certain we will find a win-win solution.
IN DETAIL / PHOTOGRAPHY
// Comping Use License Agreement
- Definitions. “Licensor” refers to Anatoly IVANOV, established in Paris, FRANCE and registered under SIRET number 430 108 787 00010, APE code 923A. “Licensor’s Web Site” refers to, collectively, all pages (XHTML files), images (JPEG files) and / or other digital assets that are accessible and / or downloadable via the HTTP protocol from the domain name anatolyivanov.com and / or its sub-domains such as www.anatolyivanov.com. “Licensee” refers to you, the visitor, viewer and / or user of the Licensor’s Web Site, as well as your company, employer, representative, successors, assigns, affiliates and / or your client in the case you are an agent acting for a single client. “Parties” refers to Licensor and Licensee. “Low Resolution” refers to digital image detail resolution lower than 800 (eight hundred) pixels by 800 (eight hundred) pixels. “Photograph(s)” refers to Low Resolution JPEG image file(s) (digitized JPEG encodation(s) of photographic image(s) combined with textual metadata) present on Licensor’s Web Site. “Comps” refers to comprehensive layouts. “Agreement” refers to the terms and conditions stated in the present Comping Use License Agreement.
- Acceptance. By accessing, downloading, dragging and dropping, saving and / or otherwise copying the Photograph(s) from the Licensor’s Web Site, the Licensee accepts and agrees to be bind by and comply to all of the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree with any of the applicable terms, do not access, download, drag and drop, save and / or otherwise copy the Photograph(s) from the Licensor’s Web Site.
- Grant of Usage Rights. Licensor grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable right to use any of Licensor’s Photograph(s) from the Licensor’s Web Site on Licensee’s personal computer for temporary, personal, non-commercial, non-promotional, test or sample use, including rough layouts and Comps.
- Reservation of Usage Rights. All other rights not expressly granted to the Licensee in the paragraph above (“Grant of Usage Rights”) are reserved to and retained by the Licensor. Without limiting the foregoing, no commercial, advertising or promotional usage whatsoever may be made of any Photograph(s). The Photograph(s) may not be distributed outside of your home or company, shown or made accessible to the public, including, but not limited to, in any printed materials or in any online, broadcast or other electronic distribution system (except that you may transmit Comps digitally or electronically to your clients for their review), and may not be distributed sub-licensed or made available for use or distribution separately or individually. The Photograph(s) may not be used in any final materials or products. The Photograph(s) may not be shared by creating a disc library, Photograph(s)’ storage jukebox, network configuration or similar arrangement. The Licensee may not create a network of servers, either with or without a central location, which enables others to share the Photograph(s).
- Alterations. The Licensee shall not make alterations, additions or deletions to the Photograph(s) and its file(s), by the use of computers or other existing or future means or processes, including but not limited to the deletion of file(s) metadata and IPTC (International Press Telecommunications Council) information, the significant alteration of colors (including but not limited to color to black and white conversion, color cast removal, positive to negative rendition) and the making of derivative or composite images, without the express, written consent of the Licensor.
- Releases. The Licensee agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Licensor against any and all claims, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising when no model or property release has been provided to the Licensee by the Licensor or when the usages exceed the usages allowed pursuant to such a release.
- Liability. In no event shall the Licensor be liable for any loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, loss of profits or saving or other incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use, loss, theft or damage of the Photograph(s).
- Assignment. Neither party shall transfer or assign any rights or obligations hereto without the written consent of the other party, except that the Licensor shall have the right to assign monies due.
- Choice of Law. This agreement is governed by the laws of the French Republic and by the International laws.
- Arbitration. All disputes will be submitted to binding arbitration in the court of Paris, France.
- Miscellany. This Agreement is binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the full understanding between the parties hereto. Its terms may only be modified by a written instrument signed by both parties. A waiver of breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement will not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions hereof.
NEXT : ANATOLY IVANOV / MYSELF / ARTIST STATEMENT
TIP: To print images, enable “Print backgrounds” in your browser preferences.